Today, we get to talk to Steve Trang about how he made the (rather quick) jump from electrical engineer to real estate agent and how he’s grown in that role ever since.Steve started out his career earning a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and working as an engineer for Intel for 3.5 years. In 2007, Steve quit his engineering career to become a real estate agent.Since then, Steve has gone on to create Stunning Home Realty, a real estate brokerage in Phoenix, Arizona that he has grown to 60 licensed agents, selling over 100 houses a year and creating some of the top producing teams in the valley. He’s also gone on to start his own Title company and develop a real estate app. Steve is not only committed to building his successful real estate empire but he also believes in helping others build their dreams too. He recently started a podcast called Real Estate Disruptors, where he interviews other real estate experts on how they’re disrupting their markets.Here is what we chat about in this episode:
Resources Mentioned in the PodcastWhere to find Steve
- How getting his Masters degree in Electrical Engineering is really taking the easy route because “someone else lays out the plan and you just follow it”
- How he always knew that he would eventually leave his engineering job but why it happened so much faster than he expected.
- - How his irrational confidence allowed him to meet a real estate broker and, within 2 ½ weeks of that meeting, get his real estate license and quit his engineering job.
- “Real confidence is knowing you’ll figure it out” - Brandon Burchard
- How the fall of the real estate market in 2007 almost sent him back to his engineering job and how he continued to push through.
- How he uses self-help to continue to grow his business.
- How he went from being a real estate agent to owning his own brokerage, title company, real estate app and podcast.