What stops a lot of people from quitting careers that they don’t like is that they don’t know what else they would do. Well, today’s guest, provides an excellent example in how to develop your passions on the side while still working in your day job.
Joanne Bourgault is a dentist based in Saskatoon, Canada. When she found herself unfulfilled with her current work, Joanne began working in the online space on the side. After dabbling in various roles, she found that she loved working as a copywriter and marketing strategist. You can now find her helping female entrepreneurs grow their businesses doing meaningful work so that they can design lives that suit them and their families - instead of settling for "average."
What I love about her journey is that she is taking the time to find what she truly loves, editing as necessary, and building her dream without having to quit her job and make dramatic changes. Her story is the perfect example of how to put in the work to give yourself a realistic escape from a job you hate.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
Where to find Joanne:
Follow along for more:
- Why Joanne left her career in accounting to go to dental school
- How working with a life coach led her to realize that she wanted to transition out of dentistry too
- How she experimented with different side hustles to figure out what she really liked
- How she dealt with talking to her husband and family about leaving dentistry
- How she deals with her changing identity from dentist to marketer
- How she finds the time to balance her full-time job, family life, and side hustle.