Today we have our first novelist on the show!! Mamta Jain Valderrama received her bachelor's degree in journalism and worked as a healthcare reporter. She went on to get her MBA from USC where she was considering starting a company based on medical tourism. But in her research, she realized the huge issue with black market organ trafficking schemes and realized that she couldn’t contribute to such an industry ethically. After working in corporate life for many years, Mamta left 5+ years ago to pursue her dream to write. Her debut novel, A Girl In Traffick, is an Amazon bestseller that chronicles a story of human kidney trafficking.
After writing her novel, Mamta was also thrown into the world of international PR in order to get publicity for her novel. Realizing that she actually loved that aspect of the work, Mamta now offers PR services to authors and small business owners. She is also in plans to write her second novel.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Where to find Mamta:
Follow along for more:
- How she made a decision to leave the corporate world to write her novel
- Why she felt compelled to tell the story of human organ trafficking
- How she got through the low moments in writing
- How she learned to do her own PR for the book
- How doing her own PR led her to freelancing as a PR agent
- How to get started in publishing